To provide housing options for safe, affordable, and energy efficient housing
for our members in a manner that is unbiased, transparent, and fair.
There are 160 housing units registered in Mississauga First Nation. 87% of these units are single-detached dwellings, with apartments and other multi-unit structures accounting for the other 13%. Having a structured Housing Policy will provide Chief and Council, the Housing Committee, and the Housing staff with a framework to deliver the Housing Program to all Band members in a manner that is unbiased, transparent and fair.
In conjunction with Chief and Council, the Housing Committee, and staff, the following principles have been established.
These Guiding Principles will remain to accommodate our First Nation membership:
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
M. McGregor, Housing Manager
K. McCallum, Housing Admin. Assistant
Housing Policy amended June 2015
Ontario Aboriginal Housing Site
MFN Housing Facebook Page
First Nation Child Welfare Info Sheet
Technical Services Online Newsletter (May 2022)
Hydro One Underground Cable Locator Request
What NOT to flush!
National Housing Strategy
Long-Term Housing Funds for Indigenous Communities
APPLICATIONS & FORMS
Housing Application Fillable
Renovation Request Form
Hydro/HST Delivery Exemption
Hydro One Financial Assistance
Ontario Electricity Support Application
Monthly Maintenance Checklist
UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION